FLY-IN, FLY-OUT TO locations across Canada
Do you enjoy working outdoors and want a fast-paced, hands-on career with plenty of room for professional growth and advancement? We are looking for the right crane operator to join our team of dedicated professionals and support construction site operations by working with a variety of equipment. You will be an integral part of every project and get a chance to improve your working knowledge of machinery and standard construction site practices, as well as move up to advanced positions commensurate with your continued training and work performance
- Operate a variety of material-moving equipment daily according to schedule and instructions from project manager, choosing and setting up the right crane, lift or hoist to complete each task safely and efficiently.
- Inspect machines and equipment daily, perform routine maintenance procedures and minor repairs as required and initiate additional repair requests from mechanics when necessary.
- Control cranes, lifts and other equipment using standard operating procedures to ensure effective transportation of materials and safety for all personnel on site.
- Create and update detailed log of material transportation operations, including information about type of material, movement locations and additional data requested by project manager.
- Listen to site manager’s plan prior to start of every shift and complete all required tasks accurately and within assigned deadlines with limited supervision.
- Maintain visual and radio contact with ground operators according to best practices and site safety regulations and respond to questions and instructions clearly and quickly.
- Provide additional support to other crane operators as necessary, including working overtime to complete tasks, operating several types of equipment and training, or monitoring junior operators.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma plus minimum of 4 years of experience in crane operation
- Experience working with lift trucks, overhead cranes and mobile cranes.
- Commercial driver’s license
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.
- Excellent coordination, focus and dedication to following safety protocols.
- Fly in fly out
- Numerous jobs in Canada
- Wage- $38- $58 depending on experience.